Monday, February 23, 2009

When The Morning Came

Already after only one day, a hot shower, a comfortable couch, and a bowl of Frosted Flakes feels like a luxury and something I feel lucky to have this particular morning. In fact, the only thing in the world that is hurting me right now is my feet.

I've always heard people say that they have blisters on their blisters when they are sore and I have always thought of it like an exaggerated farce, but that isn't the case. Upon taking care of one of my many blisters this morning, I found yet another blister directly under the one before it. Even with some aid, I will have to see exactly how well I will be able to walk on it over the course of the day. I might end up hitching some more if I have any trouble walking on it.

Skip suggested I get a bicycle in Austin for the two-hundred miles of nothing between Austin and San Angelo. I might do that, or possibly try to find some interesting people that are driving that distance. I'll update you when I decide for myself what I'm going to do.

That has become one of the most loved parts of my journey even after such a short time so far, it is the ideal that I don't have anything holding me back. At any moment, if I hear about something in the complete opposite direction of my current route, I can just turn around and head that way.

Sorry if I'm not as witty for this entry, I will update more later tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment