Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Beginning To Crash?

I woke up this morning and began to let my day fold itself out and for some reason, I feel trapped inside myself. I couldn't exactly explain why, but yesterday, when I felt a desire to hear every conversation around me, is gone now. I am completely happy now sitting next to a construction site and listening to Bob Dylan wail out Desolation Row over my earbuds and type for a little while on my laptop.

I never heard back from Daniel about the recording session so I assume that I won't be blogging about that. Either way, I'm happy to be in Austin where there is plenty to do no matter what plans change. Leaving here is going to be bittersweet; I'm eager to move on to other places but everything just feels so right here. I've got until the end of the week and hopefully, I'll tire of it by then.

Even with the little of bad or negative sides that have come out of this, I'm still completely content with my decision. There hasn't been a moment, even with the blistered feet and closed-minded looks, that I have thought about regretting my decision in this.

The last hindrance I am working on overcoming is sleeping outside, I still have my worries concerning that. I know that they are ill-founded and the very fact that I still have them is contradictory to my preaching in and of itself but I still do. Hopefully, with time, I'll get over that and be able to pursue this more fully.

There might not be another update today, and if there is, it might be a pretty small one. I just feel like enjoying a beautiful day through giving it my complete attention.

3 comments:

  1. Cody,
    This is mom. Trying to get in touch with you by phone. Call me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cody,
    You've done such a good job with your writing. Keep up the good work!
    Love ya'
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. cody - hey. I was so happy to talk with you today. I know that I don't need to say it... but as your aunt I feel I simply must... Please be careful. I completely understand your need and desire to do this. I just want you to know that we are here for you if there is some way that we can help if/when you need us.
    PS... just thought that I should let you know that Braden has begun talking about ghosts and reading books on them. Sooo... as you travel, watch out for Allison Courtincow

    Love ya
    Cristie

    ReplyDelete