Sunday, March 1, 2009

Jim Carrey is right. Grr.

I really don't want to write this entry, let me tell you why. I really don't want to admit that a philosophy from a Jim Carrey movie is actually almost completely accurate and leads to a better life, but I must. It turns out that it is true, you can really change your life around with the use of one simple word.

Yes.

It seems that the more time I spend on the road, the more opportunities I get to say that precious little word, and each opportunity typically leads to a better outcome and reward. It led me to a hotel room paid for by a man that gave me a ride recently, and today, it led me to a chance to explore and discover the religion of Islam.

I was looking for a ride into Dallas (previously, when I stated I was in Dallas, I was actually on the outer limits), and two friendly and very hospitable gentlemen originally from Pakistan picked me up. They had been living in this country for about a year, and along the ride, asked me if I had some free time. I replied that I did and they asked if I would like to see a mosque. They had to catch up on their prayers and needed to stop by, and I was interested so I told them that I would. We arrived there and I went inside and they both were very courteous and asked me to remove my shoes.

I thumbed through the Qur'an while I was there, and I noticed how many of the stories were the same from the Judeo-Christian Bible; Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden, Moses and his trials of freeing the Israelites, and even Christ himself.

Expect an upcoming blog entry on my thoughts about religion, I don't want to stir up negative emotions tonight.

I'm also going to say that little word to an invitation I got today to spend a few nights with a group of filmmakers and musicians living together in their little slice of Bohemian paradise in Denton. Right now, I'm saying it to a pipe being offered in my direction by some friends of a friend so I suppose this is it for now.

Regards from Kodiak.

No comments:

Post a Comment